Ask the Experts.
I have been asking dear friends and colleagues, experts in their field, for their 3 Top Tipps on how to keep mentally and physically healthy and sane in these challenging, uncertain and also interesting times.
I am very happy some agreed to a little interview.
Here is what they say.
Meet my beautiful friend and colleague Nicola Shubrook, nutritional therapist and clinical hypnotherapist based in London. Nicola talks about how Nutrition and Anxiety are linked and how important good and well balanced nutrition is when you experience too much stress and overwhelm.
On top she shares 3 favored nutrients when people suffer from Anxiety.
BONUS RECIPE! (I asked for something sweet..)
Oat, coconut & almond squares:
Makes about 8 Squares:
* 1 cups of oats
* 1 cup desiccated coconut
* 1/4 cup ground almonds
* 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate topping
* 1/4 cup or 45g dark chocolate or dark chocolate drops (I used Lindt 85%)
* 1 tbsp smooth almond butter
* Mix together in a bowl the oats, coconut and ground almonds.
* Over a low heat, gently melt the almond butter and honey, stirring until smooth, and then add the salt and vanilla extract.
* Stir in the dry ingredients, and ensure it is mixed well before then patting down into a loaf tin or small square tin.
For the chocolate topping:
* Over a low heat, gently melt the chocolate and almond butter together and mix well.
* Then pour over the oat bar mixture, evening it out, and then put in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
* Remove from the fridge and cut into even squares. These can then be kept in a tupperware container in the fridge for a week.